With two bank holidays, May is a great time to visit South Wales. A predicted heatwave over the early bank holiday will give everyone a chance to hit the beach and kick off their summer tan.
Barry RNLI are running their family day on May 12th, with demonstrations by Barry Dock lifeboat, Sea Scouts, Barry Model Boats, lifeguards, Barry Rowing Club and South Wales Kayak Anglers. An opportunity to support an amazing charity. More info here.
Academy espresso and cocktail bar continue their street food residencies, with the best street food vendors setting up outside. Make sure to check their facebook page.
- 4th. GOODFILLAS – Calzone style pizza with a twist!
- 5 & 6th. BROTHER THAI – Asian cuisine will be flying out!
- 17 & 18th. BEARDED TACO – The Barry Massive have a weak spot for these guys!
- 10 & 11th. GOODFILLAS – Calzone style pizza with a twist!
- 12th. MURRY MAY’S – Inspired by the streets of Istanbul CHARCOAL GRILLED KEBABS
- 17 & 18th BEARDED TACO – The Barry Massive have a weak spot for these guys!
- 19, 24 & 25th GOODFILLAS – Calzone style pizza with a twist!
- 26 & 27th. FRITTI ITALIAN – Serving up some delicious Italian kerb style food.
- 31st. QUEEN PEPIADA – Venezuela street food at its finest.
On 19th May, the Millenium stadium hosts Monster Jam; Twelve of the world’s most famous Monster Jam trucks, including Monster Jam World Finals® champions Grave Digger® and Max-DTM, will be roaring into Cardiff to bring thrill and excitement like no other show out there. You won’t forget the first time you saw a Monster Jam truck defy gravity! More info here.
On the late May bank holiday, 27th and 28th, we have the ever popular Cowbridge food and drink festival, offering a great opportunity to checkout some of the best local produce and street food vendors from the area, all in one place, along with demonstrations from top chefs. For more info checkout the website.
For more events checkout the visit the vale website here.